Friday, September 19, 2008

Off To Camp!

Well, this weekend I'm taking a break from blogging, school, work, everything! I'm going on a fall retreat with Campus Crusade. Now, Cru and I have had our problems in the past, but there really is no way I wouldn't go.

Mainly because this retreat takes place at an awesome summer camp! As you know, I'm a huge fan of camps. I love kayaks, lakes, cabins, bunk-beds, counselors... everything! The weather this weekend looks like it's going to be gorgeous, and I'm really looking forward to spending some time with friends I don't get to see very often thanks to studying and my job. Also, it will be fun to simply enjoy a summer camp setting without actually having to help run one for once!

I think this will be an interesting fall retreat for me. It's the first one I've been to since I was completely "out." I may have made some mistakes when I got into a relationship last year, but some good did come out of it, and being forced out of the so-called closet really was one of the best. I wasn't willing to hide my relationship with Hitch, so I was honest about it, and in the process I "came out" to the majority of my friends at Cru.

Oddly, most were really cool about it. Of course, I stressed that the relationship was chaste, and a lot were concerned, but no one really got upset about it, and that was good. I haven't really talked about those kind of issues since the initial conversations, though. That's one reason I'm looking forward to fall retreat, because people seem to get into more of a sharing and asking mood in that situation.

It's sad that you have to take Christians out of an ordinary context before they get really vulnerable. I wish people would share their struggles and ask others to share theirs more often, but either way, I'm looking forward to talking to some people about who I am. I have a tendency to not be the most revealing individual. I'm energetic and hyper, but people don't really get a chance to know me. Maybe some people will this weekend, though.

Hope you all have great weekends, too, whatever it is you get up too! Here's a little parting gift. This song's been in my head all day, but hey, it's a good one. :)

No comments: