Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Thinking Blogs

Amanda honored me by listing me as one of the five bloggers who make her think. So, now it's up to me to give that same honor to more bloggers. I think I'll go a step further than Amanda and list the reasons these people make my list, because I'm just in that kind of mood tonight (no offense Mandi!) The following are in no particular order.

1. Disputed Mutability: This woman is sharp as a tack and probably has one of the smartest Spirit-centered blogs that I've ever come across. She handles gay and ex-gay issues with a poise that I wish I could muster, and I have to say that I agree with almost everything she's ever written. When I was starting out I didn't agree with the Calvinism stuff, but as you can see that's changed now. :)

2. Warren Throckmorton: Once again, intelligence, eloquence, and rationality are things I admire, and Dr. Throckmorton exemplifies them all.

3. Willful Grace: I honestly don't know where I'd be without this woman's blog. Her testimony, compassion, and sense of grace are things that I wish all people had. I'm working towards being more like that, too.

4. Resolving Realities: I just discovered this blog, and I have to say I was blown away. David can really write and I really need to stop by and comment more over there. It's interesting to hear the story of someone who, on the surface, is going through the same situation you are, but is doing so from a different angle.

5. Tin Man and the Lion: Their story and journey of faith as a family is something that I find so fascinating and, sometimes, even inspiring. I may not agree with everything, but it is definitely a blog that makes me think, and just judging by some comments, I think Tin Man is a really cool guy.

I tried to avoid putting people who had already gotten props on the list, but Randy Thomas and La Shawn Barber are definitely honorable mentions. That's it, then! Let the game continue.

P.S. I hope no one feels snubbed after this. ;)

No comments: