Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Here And There

I've been so busy lately, but I'm still reading and looking at interesting blogs and posts. Most have to do with homosexuality, but others are simply theological or political in nature. Here are some of the posts I've read recently.

-- Reader A.J. shows exactly why James Dobson sucks.

-- Brady shares his thoughts about the Day of Truth.

-- Warren Throckmorton does a round up of Day of Silence and Golden Rule Pledge activities.

-- Tim Challies writes an excellent essay about disagreements on doctrine.

-- Karen blogs about the recent coming out of Jennifer Knapp. Also, hurray for Karen blogging again!

-- Matthew Anderson writes about the objection of Miss Knapp, in terms of the divisive issue of which she is unfortunately a part.

-- Courage Man writes a great post about how we gay guys are kind of easy to spot, especially by women. Basically, it's because we have no trouble keeping our eyes where they should be when talking to girls, and they notice this. Straight brothers and struggling sisters beware, a picture of a scantilly clad Kardashian sister makes an appearance in this post.

-- Ex-gay Watch reports about how protesters speaking out against "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" were ordered away from the White House, as were the media. No matter where you stand on this issue, this seems like a pretty clear violation of free speech and the right to peacefully assemble.

-- Reader, and friend, Freelancer posts about how Maureen Dowd's brother got it so very wrong.

-- Randy Thomas points out a movie that I might want to see. Hopefully, it's not too preachy.

Blessings, everyone! Hope life is good.

2 comments:

AJ said...

Oh thanks for linking to me in this post Jay! I was wondering why my visitor stats were so much higher than usual today! :)

Gonna check out a bunch of these other links you posted too!

donsands said...

I just heard about Jennifer Knapp last night.

Funny, I was thinking how much shame I bring to my self, and that's fine, I'm a sinner, and I need to apologize, and repent, and so on, in this struggle of blood, sweat and tearsin this age.
But when i bring shame to Jesus, the Truth, and to His truth, --and I know even this sin is forgiven--, but I hate bringing shame to His name the most.

I pray that Jennifer will study the truth, and know the clear truth of how she is to live befoire the Lord. I pray she will hide His Word deep in her heart, so that she might nort sin against the Lord. And whem she does sin, that she will hate it.

In one of her songs she sings:

"I hate that I love sin".

have all her LP's. She is a fine artist.

And Satan is such a deceiver. He will be nice and sweet and all that to make us think sin is not that big of a deal.
He is a mastermind, and we are no match for him. But he is no match for our Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, who abides in us.

Have a blessed day Jay.