Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Spiffy

So, I decided to update my blog's look, hopefully for the last time. I like the green guitar template that I found here for free, and decided to use it. I don't play guitar, but I love music, and hopefully will one day learn to play guitar. Then this blog's theme will be more relevant.

I've also added two new features to the side bar, with a list of songs that I'm listening to right now (and links to the songs on Youtube) and a list of books that I'm reading (I usually try to read more than one at a time, but right now I'm working so that doesn't really work for me). Not to mention my list of blogs and other websites I visit is still there. I used to try to separate that list by what was pro-gay, pro-ex-gay, Republican, Democrat, etc. But by now I've learned that those categories don't really fit cleanly, so the links are just there, and you dear readers can figure it all out on your own by reading all the different stories that I try to follow.

I've also decided to stop cross-posting everything up on my VOX blog. Love VOX though I do, I don't think it gets as much traffic as Blogger, and I don't think there's really any reason to maintain two different blogs now. I also updated my profile picture, my profile information, and a few other things. Tell me what you think, and if you have any ideas for how you'd like to see the content of this blog shaped (i.e. any particular topics that you'd like me to cover).

Hope you're all having a great day, and God bless.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the older picture better. A lot cuter...

David Roberts said...

Nonsense, this looks great, picture and all. It's one of the best Blogger themes I have seen. It fits you ;)

And I agree, drop the Vox. Some people like it, but I've always found it somehow pretentious.

Jay said...

Anonymous: Well, the first picture was taken in high school. I figured I needed to upgrade. I guess I'm not as cute as I used to be. :)

David: Thanks! I'm still leaving VOX up and running and it's linked on my blogroll. I liked some of the features but it just wasn't as good as Blogger.

Amanda said...

I like it!

David said...

Though I am personally fond of fluid designs and feel they represent best the sort of medium I should like the internet to be, the redesign is nice - I like it. I like the greens. Though I might change the font type for your blog title... a bit too blocky (Georgia just doesn't cut it there for me... Modern No. 20 I might prefer but not everyone has that). But yeah, overall a thumbs up.

Pomoprophet said...

Cool! I didnt know they had different templates for blogger. Was it easy to put the new HTML into the interface?

I like the idea of having a current book section. I tihnk I may add that to my site :) You're sooooo creative!

Jay said...

Amanda: Thanks!

David: I wanted to change the font size, at least, because I don't exactly like how "Christian" and "Collegian" are on two lines, but I couldn't figure out how the manipulate the HTML.

Pomoprophet: Yeah, it was easy. The website I got the template from gives you the HTML to paste and instructions on how to do it. You can find lots of different templates for Blogger online. I wanted to make my own but I don't have the skills required. :)

I.Love.Clair said...

It's wonderful Jay, keep it up!

P said...

Looks sharp, Jay. As for future posts, you should think about putting some of your fiction that you talk about from time to time up here. It'd be an interesting read, I'm sure.

P

ps don't feel bad about the picture, I'm not as cute as I was in high school, either. Thankfully, I'm also not as dumb ;)

Jay said...

I Love Clair: Thanks, and I'll try!

P: No can do for the fiction. I don't think my writings are worth stealing, but I'm not going to post them in such a public setting just in case someone else thinks they are. My opinions are one thing, but my stories and characters are quite another. Hope you're well!

Joe said...

The new design does seem to be very you - even though I don't really know you :)

Very cool. I'm just glad you are still blogging.

otrolado said...

I like the look. I also noticed you had Adele on your playlist. I am thinking about buying her cd.