Wednesday, May 21, 2008

20

Well, I turned 20 Monday. I didn't really celebrate much (I'm not much of a party person, least of all for something as out of my control as the date of my birth). However, it is kind of cool to say I'm not a teenager anymore. It's a little sad too, when I think of it, but I know I wouldn't want to be a teenager forever, so it's nice to say I'm getting to be more of an adult.

Unfortunately, that's about all that's gone on around here for the past few weeks. Home's the same as always: everyone's just taking it easy. I haven't been blogging simply because... well, there's just nothing to blog about. After finishing last school year, though, I can use the boredom in my life, so I'm not complaining (by the way, I got a 3.8 GPA for the semester... not too shabby). Just wanting to let everyone know that I'm still around. If you have anything interesting that you're doing, by all means, leave a comment and let me know. Other than that, God bless you all, and take care of yourselves.

4 comments:

Pomoprophet said...

Happy Bday! Have you changed the way your site looks recently? I guess with google reader I don't check out sites unless i'm going to comment.

Enjoy your 20's. They'll go by fast!!!

kurt_t said...

Oh wow. Frölich geburtstag, as Oma used to say.

Funny you should solicit interesting anecdotes from your fans. I was in Las Vegas last week for my friends' son's 21st birthday. (Apparently Tony and I promised him when he was ten that we'd take him to Las Vegas when he turned 21.) And we had birthday dinner in the Stratosphere, which is that Space-Needle-like building on Las Vegas Boulevard.

See, they have this rotating restaurant up there. And now, this is probably the most embarrassing thing I've ever admitted on a blog, but those buildings that have rotating restaurants, I always thought it was the whole top part of the building that turned around. But no. Just the platform that all the tables are on turns around.

Oh, and the pool at the MGM is really nice, but they let people SMOKE out there. YUCK!!! Some guy was smoking in the hot tub. That is just nasty!

Oh, and I ran the Bay to Breakers in San Francisco on Sunday. 12 kilometers. My time was a leisurely 1 hour, 20 minutes. I feel like what's the point in rushing it? It's not like there's a limited number of free tee shirts at the end of the line.

Eli Riol said...

Congrats on turnin' twenty, sir, even if it is just an accident of time progression =) I turned mid-march; didn't do much partying myself, but just think: when we were kids, Legends of the Hidden Temple was the best game show ever. All the girls were reading The Babysitter's Club and all the guys were playing with Pog, and no one would dream of going to school without Yikes! brand erasers and pencils. And the question on everyone's minds: where in the frickin' world was Carmen Sandiego?

Sweet baby Jane. We're two decades old.

Jay said...

Thanks for the comments everyone! Sorry I've been so late in getting back to them.

Pomoprophet: Yep, new layout. Whaddya think?

Kurt: Now THOSE are the kinda stories I was looking for! Good to hear from you. If you don't like smokers, though, NEVER come to North Carolina. I'm surprised I've made it 20 years without ever having a cigarette.

Eli: Nice to meet you! I know, life has really changed a lot in ten years, huh? Stop by again!