Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Mourning

My grandfather passed away yesterday. He was living in a nursing home and would have turned 85 later this month. Though I was expecting to get the call about his death sooner or later, it still hurts terribly. I am blessed to have such a great group of friends around. While I was working at the desk last night, I was given a sympathy card with everyone's signatures on it. I'm truly blessed to have those friends, and to have known my grandfather. He was quite a character: strong and stubborn till the end, but with a soft heart when it came to children. I'm going to miss him.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that Jay. If there's anything I can do or that you want to talk about you know how to reach me. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
a.s.

Amanda said...

Oh Jay...I am so sorry. If there's anything I can do, please let me know.

Peterson Toscano said...

Jay, so sorry for your loss. He sounds like a real special person who will be missed.

Norm! said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Grandparents are so special and your grandfather sounds very loving.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

kurt_t said...

You're right, Jay. Knowing it's coming sooner or later doesn't make it hurt any less. When my grandmother died, I started writing down everything I knew about her. It was very therapeutic.

Tin Man said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. Praying for you and your family.

Inheritor of Heaven said...

Sorry to hear. It is difficult even when it is expected. Peace to you in the midst of your loss.

Jay said...

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I'm back now, so I'll probably post something tomorrow. Thanks again!

Jay

Pomoprophet said...

Jay. I too, am sorry for your loss. Though I think as time goes on and you can mourn the passing of your grandfather, that what you will remember most during this time is the love of your friends.

Joe said...

Jay, I'm sorry to read this post about your loss. I hope your grandmother doesn't feel too lonely without him.