Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Taking Up Space

Well, AOACC is now on VOX in addition to Blogger (thanks to an invite from Randy Thomas). Don't worry; this site will still be up and running. I'll post the same things on both and I'll try my best to keep up with everyone's comments (shouldn't be too hard, it's not like I'm that popular ;-) By all means, if any of y'all would rather comment on the VOX blog, go ahead.

There's really nothing too interesting going on in my life at this moment--which is probably a good thing since I don't need too many distractions right now (two more exams this week: U.S. History and Physical Geography--a.k.a The Most Boring Classes Ever). So, before I go back to studying the economic reasons why the Europeans decided to colonize the New World (it's actually less of studying and more of looking at pages in a textbook and hoping that the information will absorb into my brain), I guess I'll just take up space with some random observations:

I went to go see "The Last Kiss" last night (I know, I should've been studying for my Psychology exam, but at some point you realize that all the studying in the world isn't going to help some things). It was a pretty decent movie, I guess; one of those "single man in a committed relationship with a sweet, but plain, girl meets a younger, hotter girl who's much more lively, and then he frets about which girl he should choose" flicks. I usually hate those things, mainly because the single man, out of some distorted "carpe diem" philosophy and some undefined feeling of "love," usually chooses the "lively" girl over the one that he's already built a relationship with. Not this time, though. The single man (played by Zach Braff) ends up with his original girlfriend, and her father (played by Tom Wilkinson) delivers the best line of the film: "Love isn't about what you feel; it's about what you do." Very true.

Nothing much else to comment on for the moment. If you want to know, I'm currently listening to Fleetwood Mac's "Tell Me Lies," a very underrated song. After that I'll probably put on some Dave Matthews (I need to hear "Crash Into Me" at least once a day) and then, since I'm in an indie sorta mood, I'll try and download Frou Frou's "Let Go" (from the overrated Zach Braff flick, "Garden State.") How about you guys? What tunes are you jamming to?

No comments: